Contact: Debbie Stewart, Vice-Chair
The Community Tourism Division is responsible for the promotion of Community Tourism and travel development for the city of Lebanon.
- The Community Tourism division vice-chair will conduct all meetings of the Community Tourism Council and report all activities to the chamber board of directors.
- The Community Tourism council will work for the development of activities and facilities for visitors in the area of recreational opportunities and entertainment.
- All monies received from the city of Lebanon shall be used for the promotion and development of community tourism in the city of Lebanon. The community tourism vice-chair shall chair all meetings and appoint sub-committees for projects and programs.
- The council is responsible for all ad sales for the trolley, all maintenance and upkeep.
- The council will develop programs for retail promotion and shop Wilson County first.
- The council will host information booths at the Wilson county fair, the annual Christmas parade, Halloween on the Square and Festival of Lights.
- The council will select the retailer of the year and Tapped by Tourism to be awarded at the Annual Membership and Awards Banquet.
There’s great value in experiencing downtime, and we offer plenty of it with shopping opportunities, historic sites, quaint communities to see, golf courses to play, treasures to find in antique shops or attractions to visit like; cultural museums, Native American mound, Civil War sites and more.
For the outdoor enthusiasts, we’re blessed with two state parks, a river and two lakes. Come experience hiking trails, nature walks, horseback riding or canoe rides. Also scattered throughout are com...
Written on January 04, 2012