Mike Baker Scholarship
Sponsored by Lebanon/Wilson County Chamber of Commerce, Wilson County Promotions and Wilson Bank & Trust for $500.00 each for a total of $1500.00
Cumberland University will provide matching funds for a total scholarship of $3,000.00
Student must be an entering transfer or returning full-time student to Cumberland University.
Student must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Student must be accepted to Cumberland University.
Student must submit the requested information on or before the specified deadline.
1. Completed application
2. Essay (limited to two pages) to include:
a. Why you wish to attend or return to Cumberland University
b. Why this scholarship is important to you
c. Why you deserve this scholarship
d. Any special considerations you wish the committee to consider
3. Letter of intent to attend Cumberland University specifying beginning semester
4. Transcripts verifying Grade Point Average ( Transcripts should be from all schools attended)
5. Signed release of information to Cumberland University
6. Two letters of reference
1. Application completed and returned to the Lebanon/Wilson Chamber of Commerce Office by 4:00 p.m. on April 12, 2013.
Scholarship Committee review applications by May 2, 2013 and choose three finalists.
Candidates not selected are notified by mail. Finalists notified by phone.
3. Interview may be required.
Candidates notified of decision upon completion of the process.
4. Scholarship Recipients will be notified by May 6, 2013.
5. Vice-Chairperson of Lebanon/Wilson County Chamber of Commerce Education Division will serve as Committee Chair.
6. Members of Committee will be appointed by Committee Chair.
7. Scholarship checks written to Cumberland University on behalf of winner. Money deposited in student account will be for tuition/books purposes only. Student cannot use scholarship monies for any purpose other than those specifically stated.
Mike Baker Scholarship Sponsored by Lebanon/Wilson County Chamber of Commerce Education Foundation Scholarship
1. Full name______________________________Date____________
2. Social Security Number______-_____-_______
4. Phone Number ( ) _________________
5. Have been or will you be accepted by Cumberland University prior to semester for which funding is requisted?____Yes____NO
6. Please list all Honors and/or Advanced Placement Courses you have taken or are currently enrolled.
7. Have you requested financial support from other sources?___Yes___No
Please list (use back of application in additional space is needed)
8. Please list Volunteer/Community Service/School Sponsored Activities
(Use back of application in additional space is needed)
9. Do you work outside the home?____Yes____No
Release of Information
I, ____________________ , agree to allow the Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Committee to have access to my records at Cumberland University to verify information pertinent to the scholarship process.
Student Name (Printed)